Cinemas in Germany
One of the things that surprised me, the first time I arrived in Europe some years ago is that in all the big European Countries (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc) movies are dubbed. Whereas in my homecountry (not a small one!), films are shown with subtitles.Germany is the case. And the smaller the city, the harder is to find a theather that will show the film in the original language. In Berlin, is relatively easy, you go to Potsdamer Platz and for sure you will find something; or go to Alternative Cinemas, and they will show the film in the original language (likely not to be English) with German subtitles. I remember once watching a Kurosawa film with German subtitles, it was good that I knew the story in advance.Now, if you are not in Berlin, you are likely to have a hard time trying to find a cinema where you can watch your Hollywood flicks in English. If I remember well, in Stuttgart there was (at least) one cinema in downtown. In Münich, I've got no idea at all. In Cologn...

Comments